Spurger ISD health services include direct student services, screenings and immunizations, health instruction, and consultation with parents concerning student health problems. Nurses also monitor compliance with the immunization requirements of the Texas Dept. of Health.
Spurger ISD provides health care for approximately 400 students. Pam Hutto, LVN is employed as nurse for students Pre-K through 12th grade. Services provided by the nurse are:
- Rendering of first aid
- Assessing illness/health
- Monitoring ill students until they are well enough to return to class, until their parents pick them up, or their parents give the nurse permission to release the student to go home.
- Administering medication that is medically necessary during the school day.
- Creating and implementing a plan of care for students who are physically challenged.
- Screening for problems in vision, hearing, posture, and other health problems relevant to the school population.
- Evaluating immunization status to ensure compliance with Texas law on immunizations.
- Consultation and guidance in areas of medical concern by the student, parent, or teacher.
- Referral and follow-up of students in whom health problems have been identified.
- Prevention and control of communicable disease.
Click here for Immunization Requirements. For more information you can contact Nurse Pam.
Flu Fighters – http://www.texasflu.org/
Phone:429-3464 ext. 234
School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) Meeting Dates